Frequently Asked Questions



Q: How do I change my property location address?


A: Contact the Township Office where you live as they are responsible for assigning the address and have them notify us of any changes.  Contact information for each Township can be found here.



Q: How do I change my tax mailing address?


A: Email us with the correct address and parcel number or contact the Clermont County Treasurer at (513) 732-7254.


Q: How do I report a building that has been torn down, destroyed by fire or other natural disaster?


A: Go to the Forms page on our website and locate the Property Tax Relief forms on the right side of the page. Complete the form for Destroyed Property and turn it in to our office. The percentage of deduction is determined by the calendar quarter in which the damage occurred. If you have any questions, please call our office at (513) 732-7150.


Q: Where do I get a building permit?


A: Permits are handled by the Building Inspection Department at (513) 732-7213.  Also contact your local Township Zoning Office to see if a permit is required.


Q: How do I challenge my property valuation?


A: You can file an appeal with the Clermont County Board of Revision. The form is available on the Forms page of our website under the Real Estate tab on our Home page. The filing period annually is January 1st to March 31st. A property owner may file once every three years. If you need assistance with this process please feel free to call us at (513) 732-7150.


Q: How do I get a copy of my deed?


A: Access the Recorders Document Search from our Home page under the Real Estate tab. If you do not find what you are looking for or have additional questions, contact them directly at (513)732-7236.


Q: How do I file an E-Deed?


A: Documents can now be submitted to the Clermont County Recorder’s Office electronically instead of the conventional method of paper documents. They now have the ability to receive your documents electronically (e-filing or e-recording) through their Submitter Service Provider, making the process of document recording faster and more efficient than ever before.  For more information visit the Recorder’s Website.


Q: Is it possible to download data from your web site?


A: Yes.  Data is available for download from our web site. On our Home page under the Our Office tab you will find a link to Downloads. Here you will find two data extracts (AA406 & AA407) along with the File Descriptions of each.   You can also find Weekly and Monthly Sales Reports on our Recent Sales page located on our Home page under the Real Estate tab. If you have any questions, please call our office at (513) 732-7150.


Q: What is the due date for the real estate taxes?


 A: Tax bills are mailed and collected by the Clermont County Treasurer's Office. These are typically due in February and July.  Tax Due Dates are located under the Taxes tab on the Treasurer's website. If you need to reach them directly, their phone number is (513) 732-7254.


Q: Where do I find foreclosure sale information?


A: Contact the Clermont County Sheriff’s Office at (513) 732-2231. Take a look at their website and click on Property Sales. To view upcoming Sheriff Sale information click on Current Sale Schedule. You can view parcels that have already sold at Sheriff Sale by viewing Completed Sales in the same location.


Q: Where do I find history of my property tax amounts?


A: Search for your property by name, address or parcel number on the Auditor's website. You will find historical tax information under the Tax History tab in the left menu. If you have any questions, please call our office at (513) 732-7150.


Q: How do I know if I qualify for CAUV (Current Agricultural Use Valuation)?


A: The CAUV program provides tax relief in the form of property value reductions on farmlands of ten acres or more devoted exclusively to agricultural use or for timberlands. The program also is available for tracts of land that are less than ten acres, if the average yearly gross farm income for the past three years is at least $2,500 from agricultural products. If you have any questions, please call our office at (513) 732-7150.




Q: How do I know if I qualify for the Homestead Credit?


A: The Homestead Program is designed to provide tax credit relief to citizens who are at least 65 years of age or permanently and totally disabled. To qualify for the New Homestead Exemption, the following criteria must be met:

  1.  You must be at least 65 years old during the year in which you are applying, or be permanently and totally disabled, or be a surviving spouse of a person   who was receiving the previous Homestead Exemption at the time of death and where the surviving spouse was at least 59 years old on the date of death.  Disabled applicants must include a Certificate of Disability form (DTE 105E) signed by a doctor or State or Federal Agency or have an awards letter from the Social Security Office.
  2. You must own and occupy your home as your principal place of residence as of January 1st of the year in which you are applying.
  3. Beginning January 1, 2014 new applicants will have to show they have an annual Ohio adjusted gross income less than $33,600 to qualify for the exemption. To apply - complete or print a Homestead Application from the Property Tax Relief tab and mail to our office. If the property is in a trust, a copy of the trust agreement must accompany the application.  Applications must be filed by the first Monday in June. Please mail to: Clermont County Auditor's Office Clermont County Administration Building 101 E. Main Street Batavia, Ohio 45103 ATTN: Homestead. If you have any questions, please call our office at (513) 732-7150.
  4. With the passage of HB 85, military veterans who are 100 percent disabled from a service related disability are now eligible for an increased homestead exemption from $25,000 to $50,000.  Applicants must complete the Homestead Exemption Application for Disabled Veterans and Surviving Spouses (DTE105I) to receive this exemption.




Q: How do I know if I qualify for the Owner Occupancy Tax Reduction?


A: Every property owner that resides in their home is eligible for the Owner Occupancy Tax Reduction on their property tax bill. You must own and occupy your home as your principal place of resident (domicile) on January 1 of the year you file for the reduction. A homeowner and spouse are entitled to this tax reduction on only one home in Ohio. Please mail to: Clermont County Auditor's Office Clermont County Administration Building 101 E. Main Street Batavia, Ohio 45103 ATTN: Owner Occupancy Credit If you have any questions, please call our office at (513) 732-7150.