The Clermont County Auditor’s Office has partnered with DocuPet to provide an enhanced dog licensing experience for residents. Your dogs license now includes DocuPet’s free HomeSafe™ 24/7 lost pet service and designer license tags with personalization options. Additionally, 20% of every designer tag purchase is donated to Clermont County Animal Shelter through DocuPet’s Safe&Happy Fund.
Dog licenses expire annually on December 31. Under Ohio law all dogs older than three months of age must be licensed (ORC 955.01). All dogs kept, sheltered or owned must display a valid registration tag. The law applies regardless of whether the dog is kept inside or out.
If a license is not purchased by February 1, 2022, the annual fee will double, unless you have acquired your dog and/or moved to Ohio within the last 30 days.
In addition to your pet’s official Clermont County dog license, here are some benefits of your DocuPet online profile:
- Hundreds of unique and colorful designer tag styles to choose from or design your own tag style online
- With full access to HomeSafe™ 24/7 lost pet service, upload recent photos of your pet and include important information that will help identify and retrieve them if they become lost
- Gain access to exclusive promotions and discounts
- Add additional pet guardians to your pet’s profile
- Skip the trip and easily purchase or renew your pet’s license from the comfort of home
- Upload important new documents for your pet by snapping a photo
- Make an optional donation to the Clermont County Animal Shelter via DocuPet’s Safe&Happy Fund and help support local animals in need
- Easily view and download your pet’s license documentation
- Read up on exclusive pet-focused content
- Manage, or make changes to your account at anytime including updating your contact information and making changes to pet details and status
- View your order status and history
One year dog licenses are $16
Three year dog licenses are $48
Permanent dog licenses are $160.
Puppy licenses are available after July 1st
Kennel licenses are $80, includes 5 tags. $1 for each additional tag and are only available through the Auditor’s Office by mail or in-person
***Licenses purchased are non-refundable